HVA 204 - Energy Management
Covers the design and service of the appropriate energy management system for a given facility. Topics to be covered are: evaluation of mechanical systems, building structure, needs of occupant, duty cycling, microprocessor controls, preventative maintenance and cost analysis.
Prerequisite(s): HVA 105 or permission of department.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Calculate the current costs of various forms of energy.
2. Explain the influence of insulation, windows or building orientation on energy costs.
3. Explain the basics of energy management control systems.
4. Explain the differences among energy management, sustainability and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
5. Articulate the advantages and disadvantages of emerging energy management technologies.
Course Offered Fall, Spring