XRT 251 - Clinical Education IV
A continuation of XRT 153. This course is designed to involve students in supervised direct delivery of diagnostic radiographic services at an assigned clinical education center. A structured clinical learning plan enables the student to gain experience in advanced procedures and gradually move through mastery learning toward competent clinical attitudes and skills development.
Prerequisite: XRT 153 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. At the completion of the course the student will: competently perform advanced radiographic positioning including the radiographic procedures of the facial bones and orbits.
2. Apply general radiation safety and protection practices associated with radiologic examinations and basic computed tomography.
3. Perform image acquisition and processing using current and emerging technologies.
4. Provide patient verification, education, care, protection and safety
5. Model the role of a radiologic sciences professional by demonstrating ethical behavior, using scientific terminology and develop an awareness of cultural factors that necessitate adapting standard radiographic exam protocols.
6. Evaluate radiographic images in concordance with standards for image quality, identification of artifacts, and formulation of corrective actions.
Course Offered Fall