MTH 099 - Elementary Algebra Review (lab for Intermediate Algebra)
An accelerated version of MTH 098, intended for students who need a review of basic algebra content. Topics to be covered include, but are not limited to, reviewing arithmetic operations on rational numbers, solving linear equations, graphing on the Cartesian Coordinate system and factoring polynomials. MTH 099 is typically taken with specially designated sections of MTH 104.
Prerequisite(s): MCC level 5 mathematics placement, TRS 094 with a grade of A, MTH 096 with a grade of B-, MTH 098 with a grade of C-, or permission of instructor. *MTH 098, MTH 099, and MTH 104 are developmental courses. They do not fulfill a mathematics requirement for an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Perform arithmetic operations on polynomials.
2. Evaluate an expression by applying the priority of operations.
3. Solve first degree equations in one variable.
4. Solve literal equations.
5. Factor polynomials.
6. Solve quadratic equations by factoring.
7. Simplify expressions involving integer exponents.
8. Graph linear equations on the Cartesian coordinate system.
9. Solve systems of linear equations in two variables.
10. Solve applications involving linear equations.
11. Solve and graph linear inequalities in one variable.
12. Graph linear inequalities in two variables.
Course Offered Fall, Spring