MUS 141 - Madrigal Singers
A select group of singers rehearsing and performing vocal music from the Medieval and Renaissance time periods. Emphasis will be on developing musicianship and ensemble singing with the goal of understanding these musical styles and experiencing the joy of public performance. May be repeated 4 times for a total of 4 credits. 1 Credit.
Prerequisite: Audition or permission of instructor.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate proper vocal production, including breath control and stylistically appropriate tone.
2. Identify the musical genres of the selected music for the course.
3. Produce proper vocal diction.
4. Participate in ensemble rehearsals.
5. Perform in public concerts.
Course Offered Fall