HVA 271 - Cooperative Education-Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
Students in the Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning certificate and degree programs may participate in a cooperative educational experience as a program elective. Students enrolled in this co-op must be able to work and document a minimum of 200 hours per semester. Both paid and unpaid work experience is acceptable. Seminar will be done on-line with course instructor. The Department Chair and/or the instructor must approve the HVAC/R sponsor/employer. Present jobs may qualify. Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA to qualify for this opportunity.
Prerequisite(s): HVA 101 and HVA 103 and HVA 105 or permission of department.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Apply Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Refrigeration (HVA/R) theory.
2. Utilize practical HVA/R applications.
3. Communicate effectively in written or verbal context.
4. Evaluate company benefits packages.
5. Evaluate one’s own work performance.
6. Create a company mission statement or culture statement.
7. Identify personal areas of improvement based on a Workplace Skills, Knowledge, and Mentor Evaluation Report.
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023