FSA 109 - Culinary Arts: Fundamentals of Food Preparation I
The course covers instruction in the foundations of culinary arts, including food theory, demonstrations and hands-on cooking. Students will engage in various food preparation techniques and will sample their culinary creations.
Prerequisite(s):MCC Level 2 Mathematics placement or higher Corequisite: FSA 106
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Use basic kitchen terminology appropriately.
2. Demonstrate knife skills and cutting techniques.
3. Identify various poultry cuts with their uses.
4. Apply different cooking techniques and predict their outcomes.
5. Identify kitchen tools and equipment with their use.
6. Plate food products for eye appeal.
7. Demonstrate appropriate seasoning of food products.
8. Apply correct sanitation techniques.
9. Interpret recipes for the intended outcome.
10. Work effectively as a member of a team.
11. Demonstrate the ability to work independently.
12. Apply measurement equivalents and recipe conversion principles.
Course Offered Fall; Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023