HVA 207 - Computers in HVAC
A course demonstrating the role of the computer in the HVAC technologies. The student will receive an overview of the operation of six current computer programs in the HVAC specialties.
Prerequisites: HVA 102, HVA 103 and HVA 104.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate the basic operation of a computer.
2. Locate HVAC/R resource information such as manufacturers' homepages, HVAC/R mall web-sites and other relevant internet sources.
3. Demonstrate how to use various HVAC/R troubleshooting software.
4. Demonstrate how to use load calculation software.
5. Evaluate a total structure load analysis using load calculation software.
6. Locate other available HVAC/R software.
7. Explain how computers are used for energy management, HVAC/R system control, and component identification in automated building control.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023