MET 101 - Technical Graphics
A course which combines the basic skills needed to communicate ideas in a graphical format with the understanding and use of a 2D and 3D CAD program (AutoCAD). The student will be able to generate 3 view drawings and pictorial sketches. The student will also be able to interpret and understand fully dimensioned drawings and create their own drawings using AutoCAD software. Understanding of the basic principles of 2D and 3D CAD will be reinforced to allow the student to quickly learn additional software packages in the future.
Prerequisite: Some experience with mechanical drawing is desirable, since most students in this course have had one or more terms of drawing.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Produce accurate technical sketches.
2. Explain technical graphics concepts.
3. Interpret technical drawings.
4. Produce technical graphics using Computer-aided Drafting (CAD) software.
5. Create projects using standard dimensioning practices.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023