XRT 109 - Skull Imaging
This course focuses on the anatomy and positioning of the skull, sinuses and facial bones including sutures, foramen, fissures, relevant landmarks and baselines. Standard and unique positions of the skull, including trauma studies, will be covered.
Pre-Requisites: XRT 111 and XRT 151; each with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Diagram the anatomy of the skull.
2. Correctly position a patient for imaging of the skull.
3. Differentiate among skull, sinuses, and facial bones images.
4. Identify anatomical features on the skull from images.
5. Modify positioning for trauma patients.
6. Explain positioning rationale.
Course Offered Spring