ENG 213 - Creative Writing
A workshop approach for students interested in doing original writing of at least three of the following four genres: short fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, and drama. Emphasis is on reading and analytical discussion of students' work.
(Prerequisite(s): ENG 101 with a C or better, placement into ENG 200 or instructor permission.
New SUNY General Education:
SUNY - Arts
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze creative texts using genre-specific language.
2. Produce imaginative works of various kinds, including at least three of the following four genres: short fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, or drama.
3. Critique student work in small or large groups.
4. Respond constructively to criticism from peers.
5. Provide constructive feedback on peers' writings, including the appropriate use of relevant, genre-specific vocabulary.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023