DEN 113 - Barrier Precautions and Infection Control Measures
Focuses on the scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control. This course will provide the student with the core elements on infection control and barrier precautions.
Prerequisite: Minimum grade of C is required in this course to continue in the program for DEN students and a C- for DAS students.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify methods to prevent disease based on the chain of infection.
2. Differentiate between signs, symptoms, sources, and causes of various infectious diseases.
3. Summarize means and methods of protection for the health care worker.
4. Select equipment and chemicals used for surface and equipment asepsis.
5. Describe various sterilizing supplies and equipment.
6. Identify engineering and work practice controls that limit the spread of infectious disease.
7. Identify the legal and ethical responsibilities of infection control in the dental office.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023