CIT 204 - Strength of Materials
Study of stress, strain, bolted, riveted and welded joints, centriods, shear, moments, designing of beams and columns. Demonstrations by instructor and some tests performed by students on various materials such as steel, timber, cast iron and aluminum.
Prerequisite: MET 203
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze external forces on a structural component.
2. Analyze internal normal, axial, and transverse stresses.
3. Graphically portray the concepts of stress and strain.
4. Determine axial forces, shearing force, and bending moments in the design of beams.
5. Use the design concepts required in the design of columns.
Course Offered Fall, Spring