ENG 273 - Creative Writing Capstone: Publishing and the Profession
This course seeks to familiarize students with the processes necessary to furthering their personal and/or professional development as creative writers. To this end, the course will introduce students to the submission process, to transfer opportunities, and to publishing/reading venues both in Rochester and around the country.
Prerequisites: ENG 233 or ENG 243 or ENG 253 or ENG 263 with C or higher or permission of Instructor.
Learning Attributes: WR
New SUNY General Education:
SUNY - Arts
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Revise drafts for a public audience.
2. Read for a public audience.
3. Create documents related to submission processes and publishing markets such as a submission log or cover letter.
4. Submit work for publication or production.
5. Prepare a teaching lesson.
6. Execute a teaching lesson.
7. Research transfer and career pathways.
8. Collaborate on the construction of a literary magazine.
9. Create a portfolio to showcase best work.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023