SPA 204 - Intermediate Spanish II
Continuation of SPA 203 with an emphasis on the development of linguistic skills and cultural understanding for students with some competency in the language. A companion course, SPA 214, is strongly recommended for improving oral fluency, especially for students transferring to four-year institutions. Memory and length of time since last studied are factors in successful placement.
Prerequisite(s): SPA 203, or excellence in high school Spanish 5, the equivalent, or permission of the instructor.
New SUNY General Education:
SUNY - World Languages
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO), MCC-GLO - Global Understanding (MGLO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the tense and the mood of the verbs in a passage written in Spanish.
2. Create grammatically correct sentences in Spanish using the correct verb conjugations.
3. Communicate in correct Spanish about topics related to Spanish-speaking countries
4. Present an oral report in Spanish of the information contained in sources such as newspapers or other mass-market publications.
5. Answer questions in Spanish concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Answer questions in Spanish after listening to Spanish-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
7. Compose a brief essay in Spanish analyzing a cultural or contemporary topic related to one or more Spanish speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023