MAR 201 - Dynamics of Selling
This course focuses on the factors involved in effective selling. It provides conceptual and hands-on practical guidance using both models and frameworks that support the sales planning process combined with role-playing scenarios. Emphasis is on the development of the sales mindset, sales/sales call planning, and sales execution for both the sales professional or business owner. Topics include understanding buyer personalities and communication preferences, the B2B and RFP buying process, application of psychological and persuasive selling techniques, methods of conducting the sales presentation, and territory/account structure and management.
Prerequisite: BUS 104 with a C or better
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop a list of potential customers and demonstrate the ability to qualify these prospects.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the role of ethical conduct in developing long term customer relationships.
3. Explain aspects of customer service and relate these to managing long term sales relationships.
4. Identify various selling techniques and analyze these through role-play and presentations.
5. Demonstrate ability to adapt selling techniques to a customer's social style, ego state and needs.
Course Offered Fall