XRT 252 - Clinical Education V
A continuation of XRT 251. This course is designed to involve students in supervised direct delivery of diagnostic radiographic services at an assigned clinical education center. A structured clinical learning plan enables the student to gain experience in advanced procedures and move through mastery learning toward competent clinical attitudes and skills development. Additional emphasis is on procedural proficiency leading to professional competence. Completion of all clinical education requirements and submission of the student's clinical portfolio is essential in order to graduate.
Prerequisites: XRT 211, XRT 215, and XRT 251 with a grade of C or better.
MCC General Education: MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. At the completion of the course the student will: competently perform advanced radiographic positioning and procedures including trauma and mobile radiography.
2. Apply general radiation protection practices associated with radiologic examinations and basic computed tomography.
3. Perform image acquisition and processing using current and emerging technologies.
4. Provide patient verification, education, care, protection and safety.
5. Model the role of a radiologic sciences professional by demonstrating ethical behavior, using scientific terminology and developing an awareness of cultural factors that necessitates adapting standard radiographic exam protocols.
6. Evaluate radiographic images in concordance with standards for image quality, identification of artifacts, and formulation of corrective actions.
7. Complete all remaining radiographic, image assessment and patient care clinical competency requirements for graduation.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023