TAM 123 - Mathematics for Machinists II
An advanced mathematics course for machinists. This course builds upon mathematical concepts and skills gained in mathematics for machinists. The students will learn how mathematics is applied in mechanisms and fixtures. The focus is upon those mathematical and shape related applications necessary for design, layout and machining accurate parts.
Prerequisite: TAM 121.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Solve complex applied machine technology problems that require two or more right triangles by the projection of auxiliary lines.
2. Determine the angles of rotation and angles of tilt of hole axes in given rectangular solids.
3. Solve machine technology problems by using the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines.
4. Compute angles of rotation and angles of tilt in angle plate positioning for machining compound - angular surfaces as given in rectangular solids.
5. Compute areas, volumes, capacities and weights of composite solids that consist of two or more common polygons.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023