NUR 110 - Foundations of Nursing
NUR 110 is a nonclinical course in which the foundation of professional nursing is examined through exploration of the healthcare delivery system, nursing roles, nursing origins, and the educational, legal, and ethical bases of practice. Future challenges for the nursing profession are introduced.
Co-Requisite(s): NUR 111.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss the impact of Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN).
2. Describe the roles of the professional nurse.
3. Examine the attitudes in a culture of safety vs. a culture of shame and blame.
4. Formulate communication and conflict resolution strategies in the evolving leadership role.
5. Describe the ethical and legal concepts on which professional nursing is based.
6. Describe the functions of professional nursing organizations.
7. Discuss trends in the healthcare delivery system.
8. Describe the various influences on professional nursing that may include social, political, or educational factors.
Course Offered Fall; Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023