ART 206 - Commercial Illustration II
A continuation of ART 205 emphasizing advanced illustration techniques including those utilizing basic computer skills for completion of assignments. This course focuses on illustration assignments as they are commissioned by art directors of graphic studios, ad agencies, magazines, book and newspaper companies. Students are responsible for purchasing their own materials for this course.
Prerequisites: ART 104, ART 109, ART 205 or permission of instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Take direction from a client(s) project director or art director in order to create, gather or utilize reference material.
2. Create images using traditional tools and materials.
3. Create images using contemporary tools and materials.
4. Demonstrate techniques for facilitating creative problem solving to include analysis, interpretation or evaluation of works of art.
5. Present work in a professional manner.
6. Work under art direction individually to negotiate concepts and solutions.
7. Work under art direction as a team to negotiate concepts and solutions.
8. Utilize proper art terminology.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023