CIT 101 - Surveying
An introduction to plane surveying techniques, including distance measurement, note keeping, leveling, angle measurement, care and use of instruments, traversing, stadia, topographic surveys, and mapping.
Prerequisite/corequisite: MTH 135 or MTH 152
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate the correct techniques for chaining.
2. Solve angular measurement problems in bearing and azimuths.
3. Correctly utilize the following surveying instruments: compass, levels, transit, and theodolite.
4. Perform differential leveling and setting grades.
5. Construct and utilize a traverse.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023