BUS 104 - Introduction to Business
An introductory study of business including organizational forms, the function of production, finance, marketing and human resources. Additional topics will be environmental factors which impact business such as government business ethics and current business issues.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the challenges that businesses face in today’s global environment.
2. Explain why ethical behavior is important to businesses.
3. Contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the various forms of business organization.
4. Explain the importance of entrepreneurship to the US economy.
5. Describe characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
6. Explain the four basic management functions.
7. Discuss theories on how managers motivate employees.
8. Identify key tasks involved in designing a production process.
9. Discuss the four elements of the marketing mix.
10. Discuss how users of financial information analyze financial statements.
11. Discuss key economic concepts such as scarcity, supply or demand.
12. Explain the role of human resource management in modern organizational settings.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023