MUS 118 - Broadway Musicals
A survey of musicals, revues, and Broadway shows represents the growth and development of American musical theatre as an art form and its influence on American society.
New SUNY General Education:
SUNY - Humanities
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Examine selected components of American Musical Theater from late 19th century to modern musical theater.
2. Examine how musical theater was influential in the development of American popular culture.
3. Articulate how one or more of the composers, lyricists, designers, directors, performers, producers, and choreographers developed the modern musical.
4. Examine the components of creating a musical theater production from concept and writing to the casting and producing of the final stage production.
5. Compare stage productions of selected Broadway shows to their film counterparts.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023