OPT 213 - Optical Processes
A study of selected materials, processes and test measurement techniques employed in the manufacture of modern optical instruments, including physical principles and equipment used. In the laboratory portion, each student has opportunity to perform all steps in planning, tooling, fabricating, testing, coating and finishing precision optical elements such as telescope mirrors.
Prerequisites: OPT 135
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Create optical components using manual optical fabrication equipment.
2. Compare optical components to the specification required on the blueprint.
3. Test optical components to the specification required on the blueprint.
4. Create a laboratory notebook according to standard engineering guidelines.
5. Document optical fabrication practices.
6. Utilize appropriate computer technology.
Course Offered Fall