ART 230 - Sculpture II
This course is a continuation of sculpture including figure study of the torso, and personal exploration in any of the three areas studied in ART 130. The student will concentrate on the development of a concept, experimentation, technical drawings and maquettes, leading to the creation of the final sculptural project.
Prerequisite: ART 130
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate a personal creative approach to the modeling of the human figure in clay, from observation and focused study of the live model.
2. Implement a strategy to create sculpture from ideation, drawing, and models leading to the final product.
3. Demonstrate the synthesis of casting, assemblage, and subtractive techniques through the development of personal expression.
4. Integrate conceptual purpose with the development of personal sculptural expression.
5. Utilize and develop an expanded range of media and techniques.
6. Refine approaches to the analysis and evaluation of one's own work and the work of others through verbal dialogue and written interpretation.
Course Offered Fall, Spring