PPE 240 - Practicum in Professional Skills
An overview and introduction to various professional skills to groups and individuals. The ability to effectively communicate ideas, information, and develop skills that are fundamental to the fields of exercise, wellness or sport. The goal of this course is to provide theoretical and practical experience in individual and group professional skills and written plan for effective professional interactions useful to the student's career path. Electronic recording of the professional skills for skill critique and development is required.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Utilize methods of presentation applied to a teaching, management or wellness coaching setting.
2. Create a series of professional skill plans.
3. Demonstrate competency in a peer teaching or wellness coaching interaction.
4. Apply professional standards to a teaching or wellness coaching interaction.
5. Utilize professional self-assessment skills in a professional teaching, management or wellness coaching interaction.
6. Construct a full professional interaction, meeting state and national guidelines, in teaching, management, or wellness coaching.
7. Apply professional ethics in simulated professional situations.
Course Offered Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2020