PHO 101 - Photography for Non-Majors I
A course which may be used by students wishing to employ photography for personal expression as well as those wishing to learn about traditional and contemporary photographic techniques. Students acquire skills in the use of photographic equipment and processes including developing negatives and producing finished enlargements, as well as contemporary digital tools. All equipment necessary to complete the course is made available to the students, who may also use the coursework to achieve better results from any equipment they may own. Students supply film and photographic paper.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the basic functions of a 35 mm camera.
2. Create properly exposed images using camera controls.
3. Utilize current digital tools in the field of photography.
4. Create photographic prints exhibiting correct density and contrast.
5. Critique a photographic image which could include exposure, composition or content.
Course Offered Fall, Spring