COS 133 - College Orientation and Success Strategies
COS 133 is designed to help students transition successfully into college. Topics include campus resources and activities, MCC technology, goal setting, time management, and college policies. Through reflection, students will examine healthy choices, explore diversity and inclusion, expand critical thinking, and develop study skills. Students will leave this course with an academic, career, and financial plan. A student who has earned a passing grade for COS 133 cannot later earn credit for COS 101.
MCC General Education: MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO), MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Employ strategies that promote academic success.
2. Utilize MCC technology.
3. Access college resources and activities.
4. Create an academic, career, and financial plan.
5. Define a professional identity.
6. Practice interpersonal skills essential in a diverse, global society.
7. Solve problems using critical thinking skills.
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023