MUS 226 - Applied Piano Minor III
A course designed to increase essential keyboard skills and score reading; improve technique through the study and performance of collegiate level intermediate difficulty piano studies; and provide instruction in proper methods of accompanying, melodic and harmonic improvisation, and transposition.
Prerequisite: MUS 127 or equivalent, or permission of instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Perform pieces with intermediate college-level piano technique.
2. Perform natural minor scales with correct fingering, with both hands together, two octaves up and down.
3. Perform complex rhythms with proper fingering technique.
4. Analyze piano solos with Music Theory III concepts.
5. Correctly perform triads at a consistent tempo.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023