PPE 250 - Fitness and Wellness
A course designed to provide an enhanced fitness and wellness experience. The content includes the assessment of present fitness level and the development and practice of a balanced, individualized physical fitness program. Additionally, the course provides a theory based and practical experience in Stress Management and explores the roles of Stress and Exercise on Wellness. The online section(s) of this class require outside physical activity and testing.
Students taking PEC/PPE 250 may take one, but not both, of the following courses in addition to this course: PEC 148, PEC 253. A student may earn credit for PEC 250 or PPE 250, but cannot earn credit for both courses because they are equivalent courses.
MCC General Education: MCC-HW - Health and Wellness (MHW)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss components of health related and skill related fitness as they relate to personal health.
2. Apply the results of pre-testing physical fitness findings to the creation of a personal fitness program.
3. Apply the principles of physical fitness through participation in a monitored exercise program.
4. Correlate the components of health related fitness to a healthy lifestyle.
5. Create a comprehensive personal wellness plan including all components of wellness.
6. Design a personal approach to the management of stress.
7. Analyze a three-day personal nutrition log including recommendations for healthy eating goals.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023