CIS 124 - A+ Guide to Computer Software: Technical Support
This course prepares students to take the CompTIA A+ 220-902 certification exam, which covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing, and operational procedures
One of the following with a grade of C or better: CIS 100, CSC 101, CPT 114, or CPT 101.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Install Windows, Linux, and Mac OS operating systems.
2. Maintain operating systems of Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and mobile devices.
3. Configure multi-device synchronization.
4. Maintain cloud computing and client-side virtualization technologies.
5. Troubleshoot common software issues with operating systems.
6. Configure proper security and network settings on operating systems.
7. Maintain proper security and network settings on operating systems.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023