SMT 217 - Sport Marketing
The course focuses on the theoretical backbone that makes sport marketing such a unique and vibrant subject and focuses on marketing in a sport-specific context. Students will learn how to build a sport marketing plan, study the behaviors of sport consumers, and gain an understanding of market segmentation and pricing. Exploration of promotion, sales, distribution, and public relations in sport are key aspects of the course.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify a specific fundraising project for a team/ athletic department.
2. Develop a comprehensive marketing plan.
3. Develop marketing plan for a youth/interscholastic/collegiate sport event.
4. Give a presentation.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of what a Sport Merchandising campaign does for an organization.
6. Create merchandising campaign for an athletic program
7. Redesign an existing college athlete recruitment brochure.
8. Design a print and electronic advertisement for a sport product.
Course Offered Fall, Spring