PEC 150 - Adventure Bound
A course in which the student will participate in a variety of provocative community/outdoor oriented experiences and classroom presentations. High and low project adventure ropes courses, trust and initiative games, camping and survival skills, circus acrosports, canoeing and hiking sojourns, service to populations at risk, etc., are a few of the adventure experience options from which the student will select several to participate in.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate an expanded sense of personal confidence.
2. Insert mutual support within a group into personal behavior.
3. Develop an increased joy in one’s physical self and in being with others while participating in a wide variety of recreational/outdoor/adventure activities.
4. Demonstrate an increased level of physical activity necessary for successful performance of a variety of adventure activities.
5. Demonstrate leadership and intergroup cooperative skills necessary to cope with and solve initiative, trust and problem solving activities/games.
6. Utilize equipment and hardware apparatus available for Project Adventure activities.
7. Perform climbing, repelling and belaying techniques utilized in Project Adventure activities.
8. Define and perform safety procedures utilized in performance of all adventure/recreational activities.
9. Develop an increased familiarity and identification with the natural world.
10. Apply these leadership skills learned to enhance the students personal growth in other aspects of their life.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023