ECE 251 - Family and Culture
This course is designed to create awareness and understanding of the delicate balance and importance of family and cultural impact on the lives of infants and toddlers. Students will learn how to identify and articulate differing parenting styles as well as develop effective communication skills.
MCC General Education: MCC-GLO - Global Understanding (MGLO), MCC-SSD - Social Science and Diversity (MSSD)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Define the value of family in the lives of infants and toddlers.
2. Describe the influence of culture on family values.
3. Describe appropriate communication skills to use with families of infants and toddlers.
4. Analyze the efficacy of appropriate communication skills with families of infants and toddlers.
5. Evaluate differing parenting styles through interview and observation.
6. Design activities that promote self-esteem in infants.
7. Design activities that promote self-esteem in toddlers.
8. Create a lesson plan specific to an infant or toddler.
Course Offered Fall, Spring