COM 212 - Techniques of Television II
Advanced techniques in the technical and production aspects of television programming. Emphasis will be placed on studio and control room operation, engineering experience, program planning and organization production and direction of individual assignments. Experience and theory of video recording will be given. Principles of TV signal distribution will be discussed.
Prerequisite: COM 202.
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Set up a multi-camera studio based production.
2. Operate a character generator in a studio setting.
3. Manage a studio based production.
4. Create a script formatted for studio based production.
5. Plan a television production.
6. Direct a television production.
7. Set up advanced lighting diagrams.
8. Assess strengths and weaknesses in various studio based productions.
Course Offered Spring