HSM 202 - Organizational and Facility Security
This course will provide students with a comprehensive overview of physical security policies, procedures, techniques and equipment. Topics covered include perimeter protection, intrusion detection, access control, closed circuit television (CCTV), risk and vulnerability assessments, insurance requirements, business continuity planning and acts of violence. The focus of this course will be on traditional methods of physical security (e.g. hardware, risk assessments, and business continuity). This course will also examine developing security technology and its application to reduce internal and external threats to businesses and organizations.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze the purpose of the risk and vulnerability assessment process.
2. Describe how the utilization of security hardware and techniques can help reduce organizations’ exposure to criminal attacks.
3. Explain how an organization’s three lines of defense can be balanced to optimize security.
4. Explain how the security industry is impacted by security practitioners such as professional security, private security consultants, and insurance providers.
5. Conduct a security survey on a small business.
6. Describe established emergency management techniques to help promote business continuity.
7. Evaluate business continuity plans.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023