MUS 146 - Vocal Jazz/Show Choir
A select group of singers and instrumentalists rehearsing and performing vocal music from the jazz and show choir repertoire. Emphasis will be on developing musicianship and ensemble singing with the goal of understanding these musical styles and experiencing the joy of public performance. May be repeated 4 times for a total of 4 credits.
Prerequisite: Audition or permission of instructor.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Produce proper vocal production for vocal jazz such as straight tone, scoops and fall offs.
2. Identify the musical genres of the selected music for the course.
3. Perform in public concerts.
4. Participate in ensemble rehearsals.
5. Produce proper vocal diction for various vocal jazz and show tune styles.
Course Offered Spring