ESL 201 - ESOL: Integrated Skills 3
This course emphasizes the continuing development of academic listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills for high advanced English language learners. It includes analysis of various media, small group discussion, informal writing, paraphrasing, summarizing, and essay writing through the process approach. Students focus on revising and editing their writing for accuracy.
Prerequisite Score of 65-72 on CELSA placement test; or ESL 140 and ESL 145, each with a grade of C or better; or ESL 145 only with a grade of C or better for students with a score of 58-64 on CELSA placement test; or permission of program coordinator.
Learning Attributes: WR
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain main ideas in nonfiction articles or narratives.
2. Summarize or paraphrase excerpts from texts.
3. Discuss personal connections to texts.
4. Identify appropriate rhetorical patterns in texts.
5. Write various essays on assigned topics.
6. Identify errors that contribute to a lack of accuracy.
7. Correct errors that contribute to a lack of accuracy.
8. Utilize effective note-taking strategies.
9. Use select academic vocabulary words appropriately.
10. Employ appropriate strategies for handling unfamiliar academic vocabulary.
11. Use tone and register appropriate for an academic setting.
12. Use a computer for word processing, email, or multi-media presentations.
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Spring Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023