ECE 230 - Field Work Child Care Practitioner II
Students in this course will have the opportunity to receive hands on group experience in licensed child care centers or Head Start facilities. Weekly meetings with experienced education instructors will coincide with curriculum for ECE 152.
Prerequisite: ECE 152.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Compile a 'Family Resource Guide' with such information as an agency that provides family counseling, translation services, agencies that provide services to families and children with disabilities and information that is focused on how children grow and learn.
2. Provide examples of specific forms that child care centers use to stay organized and to manage their programs.
3. Identify the agency that regulates child care centers in New York State.
4. Identify specific requested information within regulations from an agency that regulates child care centers in New York State.
5. Identify specific early care organizations along with member benefits and resource availability.
6. Complete a developmental observation tool using objective and accurate strategies.
7. Summarize relationships with families the student is serving, including information on how families are notified of what is happening at the child care center, as well as how students learn what is going on in the families of the children they serve.
8. Explain how students would run a purposeful child care center, integrating the observation they completed on a child to discuss why observations are important to program operation.
9. Describe how students will maintain a commitment to professionalism, including explaining why they are choosing to enter the Early Care profession as well as qualities students possess indicating their own success in the early care field.
10. Demonstrate the delivery of instruction from a prepared lesson plan, including instructional aids and evaluation instruments.
11. Review and adapt existing lesson plans based upon children's needs in the student's classroom.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Spring Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023