FPT 137 - Specialized Aircraft and Fuel Spill Firefighting
Utilizing a mixture of classroom instruction and live fire training scenarios, this course provides ARFF firefighters with the knowledge and skills required for annual FAA Part 139 training. Both Spill and specialized aircraft system fires are extinguished utilizing vehicle turrets and hand lines.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. In an aircraft fire emergency situation, identify life safety hazards to passengers and firefighting crews and select a rescue and mitigation plan utilizing turret-equipped aircraft rescue and firefighting vehicles
2. Evaluate aircraft interior life hazards and determine the best method of access and egress for evacuation and rescue.
3. Utilize firefighting tools and equipment to suppress/extinguish fire, secure the aircraft, and terminate a fire emergency incident.
4. Identify and manage life hazards to the firefighting team.
5. Assess the aircraft fire/crash emergency mitigation alternatives and select the most appropriate course of action.
Course Offered Fall, Spring