TRS 099 - College Composition Support
The purpose of this course is to support student success in ENG 101 (College Composition) through collaborative, integrated reading and writing experiences. This co-requisite course will address the development, drafting, and revision of academic essays, as well as the language, mechanics, grammar, and usage skills necessary for effective written communication. TRS 099 provides opportunities for reflective practice and emphasizes the application of academic reading/writing skills necessary to develop and revise ENG 101 assignments.
Prerequisite: Accuplacer Next Generation Writing Score of 275 or lower with a Next Generation Reading Score of 250-262; OR Accuplacer Next Generation Writing Score of 262 or lower and a Next Generation Reading Score of 263 or higher; OR a Next Generation Reading score of 237-249 with a High School GPA of 87% or higher (3.0 on a 4-point scale or 3.4 on a 5-point scale); OR completion of TRS 100 Accelerated with a grade of B or higher. Corequisite: ENG-101
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Apply appropriate reading strategies to academic texts to develop multiple levels of comprehension.
2. Summarize academic multi-modal texts.
3. Analyze rhetorical structures in multi-modal texts.
4. Integrate source material appropriately to develop organized, logical academic essays.
5. Synthesize key concepts and information from academic multi-modal texts.
6. Produce academic texts written competently in Standard English.
7. Document outside sources appropriately.
8. Compose academic texts that reflect on one’s growth as a reader, writer and thinker.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023