TOY 202 - Automatic Transmissions
This course includes the theory of operation, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of automobile transmissions and transaxles. There will be emphasis on hands-on work.
Prerequisite: TOY 191 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe automatic transmission operation.
2. Service automatic transaxle/transmission in-vehicle.
3. Repair automatic transmission/transaxle out-of-vehicle.
4. Diagnose automatic transmission/transaxles.
5. Describe automatic transmission/transaxle shift control system function and operation.
6. Demonstrate DTC and Symptom based diagnostic procedures of an automatic transmission/transaxle shift control system.
7. Perform disassembly procedures of an automatic transmission/transaxle.
8. Perform inspection procedures of automatic transmission/transaxle components.
9. Perform overhaul of automatic transmission/transaxle components and determine necessary action.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023