HVA 212 - Industrial Mechanical Systems
In response to continued emphasis on energy conservation, the heating, ventilating and air conditioning industry has seen a resurgence in applications utilizing chillers, variable air volume and heat recovery systems. This course will provide the student with an understanding of these complex systems.
Prerequisite(s): HVA 101 and HVA 103, and HVA 105 or permission of department.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the theory of HVAC/r chilled water systems.
2. Identify the different types of cooling towers in a closed loop hydronic systems.
3. Differentiate between commercial and industrial air handling systems, which include constant volume, variable air volume systems.
4. Identify mechanical components in air distribution systems in HVAC/r industry.
5. Explain the operation of combined heat and power systems (CHP CO-Generation plants).
Course Offered Spring