MTH 130 - Modern Business Mathematics
This course will cover the basic concepts and processes of mathematics applied to various business situations including statistical procedures, percentage and percent distributions of financial statement data, merchandising, payrolls, taxation and insurance. Other topics include simple interest, compound interest and annuities. MTH 130 is a course for career business.
Prerequisite(s): MCC Level 2 Mathematics placement.
MCC General Education: MCC-QL - Quantitative Literacy (MQL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Solve percent problems.
2. Solve payroll problems.
3. Compute the net cost of merchandise after a commercial discount.
4. Compute various retail measures such as cost, selling price, markup, markdown, or break even amount.
5. Solve applied problems pertaining to simple interest.
6. Solve applied problems pertaining to compound interest.
7. Solve consumer loan problems.
8. Solve applied problems pertaining to property taxes.
9. Solve applied problems pertaining to insurance premiums.
10. Analyze financial statements.
11. Interpret graphs.
12. Compute statistical measures.
Course Offered Fall; Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023