FRE 101 - Elementary French I
Designed for students with no previous experience in the language with focus on communicative skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing. Includes high frequency vocabulary, basic constructions, common phrases, and cultural aspects. Also stresses student participation in skills development. FRE 111 is strongly recommended for oral fluency, especially for students transferring to four-year institutions.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-FL - Foreign Language (SFRL)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately produce understandable simple sentences in French using the present tense.
2. Write understandable sentences in French using the correct word spelling and diacritical marks.
3. Accurately express simple social greetings and courtesies in French.
4. Answer questions after listening to French-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with French-speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall, Spring