PHL 102 - Introduction to Logic
A study of the inductive and deductive processes of reasoning in the light of classical and contemporary thought, including the analysis of ordinary language and its pitfalls, and the relation of logic to scientific inquiry and method.
Learning Attributes: WR
SUNY General Education: SUNY-H - Humanities (SHUM)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-CT - Critical Thinking (MCT)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze an argument for common problems associated with poor reasoning and inference.
2. Apply key concepts central to the study of logic.
3. Interpret readings in philosophy or logic.
4. Apply basic rules and techniques of formal, informal, or symbolic logic.
5. Write exercise sets in formal, informal, or symbolic logic.
Course Offered Spring