PHY 132 - Applied Physics II
A continuation of PHY 131. Topics to include the properties of materials, temperature, heat and thermodynamics, vibrational motion, wave motion, sound, and geometrical and physical optics.
Prerequisites: PHY 131; MTH 141 or MTH 165 taken concurrently or previously completed.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Solve a 1-step temperature and the kinetic theory of gases problem that requires algebra.
2. Solve a 1-step thermal expansion problem that requires algebra.
3. Solve a 2-step mechanical waves problem using algebra.
4. Solve a 1-step superposition and standing waves problem using trigonometry and algebra.
5. Solve a 2-step reflection and refraction of light problem using algebra.
6. Solve a 1-step interference and diffraction problem using algebra.
7. Demonstrate competency with basic lab instruments.
8. Differentiate between good and bad data.
9. Write a conclusion for a laboratory experiment.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023