XRT 228 - Advanced Imaging
This course will study the evolution of angiographic techniques, historical to present, which include the pioneers of angiographic and interventional radiology. The equipment used, supplies needed, imaging technologies, computerized programming, procedures commonly performed, cutdown techniques and catheters used will be presented.
Prerequisites: XRT 211 and XRT 251; each with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Provide a broad overview of advanced imaging procedures.
2. Describe special imaging equipment.
3. Identify vascular anatomy on angiographic images.
4. Identify supplies used during interventional procedures.
5. Explain digital subtraction angiography.
6. Explain bi-plane computerized imaging.
7. Explain Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
8. Describe emerging imaging technologies.
Course Offered Spring