MUS 121 - Voice Class
Group instruction in the mastery of vocal techniques, the study of common vocal problems, the development of basic musicianship and the cultivation of expressive singing ability. Students will perform songs covering a wide variety of moods, styles, and textual subjects.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate proper vocal production, including breath control and stylistically appropriate tone.
2. Produce proper vocal diction.
3. Perform correct style for a variety of solo songs, such as folk songs, Pop songs, Broadway show tunes and classical art songs
4. Perform in collaboration with instrumental accompaniment.
5. Perform music in a foreign language.
Course Offered Fall, Spring