XRT 106 - Patient Care in Medical Imaging
This course introduces students to the proper use of medical equipment, patient rights, handling of patients, standard precautions, other precaution protocols, patient communication and interactions, common medications, tubes and lines, current regulations, treatments, and protocols used in patient care and infection control.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Define terms relating to patient care.
2. Discuss issues related to patient care, such as confidentiality, communication, gender, or ethnicity.
3. Identify the vital signs.
4. Identify normal ranges for the vital signs.
5. Identify standard hospital policies/ procedures, such as sterile technique, patient safety, or standard precautions.
Course Offered Fall
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023