AAD 101 - Introduction to Animation
An introduction to general animation techniques, this course combines theoretical elements of film aesthetics with practical experience in animation filmmaking. Emphasis is on creating movement and expression utilizing traditional or electronically generated image sequences. Students are exposed to all types of animated film production through lectures, film presentations, studio work and outside assignments. This introductory course gives students a working knowledge of animation techniques necessary to design short animated sequences.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate visual originality through animation.
2. Select appropriate animation techniques to solve given problems.
3. Defend the strength of their work through the critique process.
4. Apply temporal concepts within cohesive animation solutions.
5. Integrate 2D principles into frame design.
6. Assemble animation products comprised of logical sequences.
Course Offered Fall, Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2023
Summer Session 2023